The Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford
News and Frequently Asked Questions
2014 Gate to the outdoor ranges
- There is new electronic gate to the roadway to the outdoor ranges. It also controls access to the club house. The old keys will no longer work after 1/31/14. You MUST attend in-person one of the Tuesday night meetings to get your new electronic badge that controls your access to the club grounds and clubhouse. The new electronic system goes on-line effective 2/1/2014.
Note from the Access Control Committee:
- The new electronic lock system will go live on 1 Feb, 2014.
- The new Key Cards will be needed as of this date to gain access to club ranges and /or house.
- ALL members must pick up their new Key Card in person . This can be done at any regularly scheduled Tuesday evening meeting from 06:30-08:30. Watch the club website for additional card issue dates to be added if/as required. Members may still renew by mail but will have their cards held at the club until they pick them up.
- Club bylaws dictate that all renewals be processed by 31 Jan.
- Additionally, RGNB membership dues are (expected) to increase on 1 Feb, 2014. Member who have not renewed by 31 Jan, 2014 are subject to new dues schedules and interrupted access to the club.
- There has been some confussion with regards to renewals and how much your renewal dues fee is.
To help ensure you provide enough information for us to process your newal and to help you determine
how much your renewal is, please use this RENEWAL FORM.
- If you are renewing by mail, please include an extra $1 for return postage.
- Please also provide an e-mail address if you have one as we occasionally send out e-mail announcments.
- How do I become a member?
You first need to fill out an application and bring it
to the Board of Directors Meeting held on the first Tuesday night of the month. You
will need to pay the appropriate fee for your membership type, plus an initiation fee.
You must also be a member of the NRA. If you are not, you can sign up at that time.
The board will vote on whether to accept you or not. The next step is to attend New
Member Orientation held on the second Tuesday night of the month were you will learn
about the Club rules, By-laws and facilities.
- When are dues due?
Our membership dues are due by December 31 of the current year, for next year. So to
renew your membership for 2010, you must pay your dues by December 31, 2009. There is
a 30 day grace period, after that you will be dropped from the membership roles. Then
you will need to re-join the club (initiation fee and orientation again).
- What do you have for range facilities?
For outdoor ranges, we have rifle and pistol ranges from 10 yards to 100 yards, 40 yard
archery range, flat-target archery course, 3-D archery course, primitive arms walk and
a hawk & knife course.
We also have an indoor 50' pistol range and an indoor 20 yard archery range.